Effective and Professional Job Training Programs
We start with an understanding that the reason you will attend our training is to get the kind of job that will offer you a future and a career path. We know that our students must be, not just qualified, but well qualified for the jobs they will apply for.
Here is how we do it:
- We verify that there are a substantial number of vacancies for the job anywhere our students might reside.
- We research job listings and interview employers to find out what skills will make an applicant well qualified.
- We only hire talented instructors who have worked in the field they will teach.
- Each program has a Curriculum Advisory Committee comprised of local employers to keep our programs up to date and relevant to the needs of employers.
You could say that our career training programs are designed by our local employers.
Designed Just For You
- All programs are concentrated, hands-on training and run 5 to 6.5 weeks.
- Classes are scheduled Monday thru Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Shuttle buses pick students up and drop them off at WorkNet and Career Central offices.
BASIC is perfect for the student who does not have a foundational understanding of the PC, Windows File Management, and Microsoft Office Applications.
Advanced Office Specialist is for the person who already possesses the beginning to intermediate skills working with Microsoft Word and Excel and would like to become the “Expert” at their next job. More on Advanced Office Specialist Training
The Bookkeeping Specialist Program teaches the most popular accounting program in the nation – QuickBooks® and Microsoft Excel to the expert level. More on Bookkeeping Specialist Training
A network support technician is often tasked with ensuring that an existing business network functions properly. This can include both hardware and software installation, monitoring, and troubleshooting network operations. More on Network Support Technician Training
The Medical Office and EHR Specialist Program will provide the skills employers require for medical, clerical, and patient records administration positions, whether in a doctor’s office, clinic, or hospital.